Our commitment to privacy
The information we collect
We may ask for and collect personal information from you via the Website. You may be asked to provide your name, address, e-mail address, and other information, depending on the information and/or services you request. If you make an online donation using a credit card, we will collect your name, billing address, and credit card information. Once you provide your personal information, you are not anonymous to PBTF.
In addition to the information you knowingly provide, PBTF collects the domain names and IP addresses of its visitors. We may use this and other non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to improve our communications with you.
The PBTF does not rent, sell, or exchange any information you choose to share with us (including your name, address, e-mail address or credit card number) with third parties unless we receive your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- When you make a donation to the PBTF, we transmit your payment information donation (checks, credit card or debit card data) to a bank or credit card payment processor in order to complete the transaction. Companies through which PBTF processes credit card donations are required to sign a confidentiality agreement that prohibits the disclosure of your information for any purpose other than the completion of the transaction;
- When we communicate with you by mail, we may disclose your name and address to a third-party service provider hired to prepare and/or process the mailing. These service providers are required to sign a confidentiality agreement that prohibits the further disclosure or use of your information;
- Names submitted for publication in our Caring Hand newsletter as “Honor” or “Memorial” names will be published and will not be used for any other purpose;
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of another person or when otherwise required by law.
We only use return e-mail addresses to answer the e-mail we receive or to transmit messages confirming donation transactions. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
This website is not directed towards children under 13 years of age, nor does PBTF knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not submit any personal information to PBTF.
We may have links to other sites. These sites have their own privacy policies, which we urge you to review before providing any information to them.
How to contact us
If at any time you wish to have your name removed from our mailing list, or not to have your Honor or Memorial information published, we will do so at your request. Please write us at 302 Ridgefield Ct., Asheville, NC 28806, call us at 828-665-6891 or email us. If you have any questions regarding our privacy or refund practices, please let us know.